Founded in 2007, the alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy (AHDA) is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization, that is made up of many other nonprofit organizations. The AHDA takes a stand through congressional action to support bills that lead to increased research and treatment options for headaches and migraines. Their website includes links to other nonprofits needing funding, books, on headache disorders, and a blog dedicated to their fight on Capitol Hill.
Support For Other Non-Profits
The other organizations that the AHDA supports work towards acquiring more funding for a variety of headache disorders. These include migraine disease, cluster headaches, chronic daily headache, new daily persistent headache, and tension-type headaches. The member organizations include:
- Alliance for Patient Access (AfPA)
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- American Headache Society (AHS)
- Cluster Headache Support Group (CHSG)
- Headache Cooperative of New England (HCNE)
- Headache Cooperative of the Pacific (HCOP)
- Migraine Research Foundation (MRF)
- Miles for Migraine (MFM)
- National Headache Foundation (NHF)
- Runnin’ for Research (R4R)
- Southern Headache Society (SHS).
Visit the AHDA website and learn more about the massive impact of headaches on Americans. They list ‘Quick Facts’ on the sidebar that can help users learn more about the conditions. Books and book reviews supported by the AHDA can be found at the following sites: